Friday, February 20, 2009

First Ever Blog

This is my first ever blog, and all excitement aside, I have the potential to screw it up! All laughing and "retard" comments allowed. Please just post hints in between snorts of mirth so I learn along the way.


Now that March is fast approaching I find allot of my plans for a great 2009 have already died, and I have had to re-think the possibilities of success in other areas of my life. First off I have had to learn that after 17 years of marriage it doesn't matter if I am right all the time. My relationship with my husband does not grow any stronger when I continually seek validation that I am smart.


Second, That my teenagers do have budding personalities, and will make choices (good or bad) that I have no control over. My parenting skills are not in question here. I can let them learn and grow and be right here to pat their back or pick them up when they need me.


And third, That God knows everything I am going through. I read these words in an article; "knees bend long before minds do". I have been praying for years! I have no delusions about the power that God holds, but I am a victim of fear! The world scares me! So slowly but surely I am surrendering myself to God. He has always had hold of me and lately I have felt the pull of his arms when I've pushed the boundary of his hold. I find it very comforting to be drawn back.


Mostly I am learning to love my life. Being imperfect is not the end of the world, it's a learning experience. I don't have the big house, a bank account full of money, or even perfect health. What I do have is a husband who loves me, enough money for the things I need, (and a little extra) and tomorrow.


I'll Pray To That.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, now that you have me in tears.....
    You are an amazing lady with so much knowledge and love that you so freely offer to others. I am so blessed to have you for my friend. Thank you!
    P.S. Good job on the blog :D

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a wife by choice, mother by chance, massage therapist by trade, and saved by grace.