Tuesday, December 13, 2011

112

It's snowing outside. Big fat, fluffy flakes that make you happy about winter & Christmas.
I love this kind of snow!

I am really happy for Christmas this year, we have had many bumps in the road, (broken truck, malfunctioning car, tires to replace, 2 unexpected Dr. visits, vet bills, & a motor we have to replace. Yes, it was the motor but not our fault) and I think I have become soured by the human spirit. So, in my attempt to allow forgiveness instead of bitterness fill my heart I am sucking in as much goodness as I can hold.

I find that it is so easy to redirect an unhappy thought and I am thinking, "why didn't I do this before?"
Maybe because I was happy in my bitterness? probably. Maybe the desire to let things go is a sign of maturity? Gosh, I hope so! ha,ha,ha!

My list of happy things:

Music- simple versus of songs that make me rewind the cd just so I can hear the words over & over again.
It's healing to my soul.

Other people sharing their stories of hardship- That's a little weird but I do find myself really happy to know that I don't have to carry these burdens! Doesn't it warm our hearts to know we can help ease the burden for someone else? I try, sometimes I feel it's not enough but what I am unable to do is usually filled in by someone who can so things work out in the end.

Pets- I have many. there is nothing more adorable in this life than a kitten, or puppy, or... you know what I mean. animals are the perfect creatures. to bad we have a human nature, huh. I really do love "fuzz therapy" it makes the world a better place.

Quiet- I am a really loud person and I am sure everyone has wondered, at one time or another, when I am going to shut up! Even when I am not talking out loud my mind is going a million miles a minute. I can give myself a headache just by thinking!So I treasure the times my surroundings are silent and I can focus on nothing, then I can trick my mind into being quiet and for a short time I have total peace both around and within.

And last, my friends- it comes as a little shock sometimes that I have any! On the serious side though, they are the ones who I lean on, look to and need so very much to help keep me sane and looking for the good in this world every day. They are the family of my heart.

There is so much to life. It is the big things and it is the little things. We all need to be a little kinder to each other. It really does get easier with practise, I am proof of that!

As this year comes to an end I am glad to see it go... 2010 was hard, 2011 was a little better (I think I am still recovering from 2010) and while I am trying to NOT rush through my days, I am hoping that 2012 will be a mellow, easy year. I really enjoy life when it's easy! ha,ha,ha, doesn't everyone?!

"be of good cheer"

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a wife by choice, mother by chance, massage therapist by trade, and saved by grace.