Monday, November 28, 2011

111

It never fails...

Every time I get into a rut and start resenting how hard my life is, God smacks me with a big gratitude lesson.

I wasn't going to go to Thanksgiving dinner this year because I am sick of my family but I did and got to see cousins I haven't seen for a year, play with babies, & catch up on what's going on. AND my siblings and my son were on their best behavior! YEA!

Then, my husband has a customer who keeps calling and threatening to SUE, SUE, SUE!!! Because his machine keeps malfunctioning! Well, we haven't been paid the $13,000.00 it cost to rebuild the engine so I was a little put out, BUT not 1 thing that has went wrong has been because of the engine & we can charge for all these added repairs! YEA!

After that my washing machine flooded the laundry room! I though it was the pump, my dad said it could be a sensor, I decided I hate GE! I have only had the unit for 5 years and it has been repaired 3 times! GRRR!
LUCKILY my dad was in town to come and look at it, it wasn't the pump or the sensor- it just needed to be reset! YEA!

And of course, if that wasn't enough, my cat got a bite that got infected and he had to go to the vets. 2 injections, 1 drain-tube, 16 stitches and a shot of antibiotics only cost me $245.00 and 2 visits back for check-ups! THANKFULLY we got a really good payment that was due so we could cover the bill! YEA!

Throughout my moaning and groaning about how hard my life is I have two friends who are in the same situation trying to deal with rebellious children, both of their kids have ended up in the hospital with life-threatening problems. My son hasn't. I AM GRATEFUL.

Work has begun to so down for us again, but a fellow associate just declared bankruptcy and is closing his business. We still have jobs coming in because the weather has been mild. I AM GRATEFUL.

even though Christmas is fast approaching and the extra money we have coming in seems to go to an emergency or unexpected expense, I am almost completely done with shopping and because our Christmases have never been about the "presents" we will have as nice a Christmas as we always have. I AM GRATEFUL.

You know, looking back I really have it easy compared to most, and those that have it easier than me- could they cope with my trials half as well? I wonder...

"Cultivate an attitude of gratitude..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a wife by choice, mother by chance, massage therapist by trade, and saved by grace.