Friday, March 5, 2010

47

Today I had to borrow some money from my parents. I took just what I needed, insisting over the loud protests of my very protective mother, that we didn't need her to buy us groceries. The conversation went something like this...

mom- "Are you sure you have enough food? Tell me what's in your fridge right now! I know you would go hungry before you let anybody help you. Why don't you let us help? I want to help."

me- "Yes, mom, we have food. I have a few weeks of food storage put away, isn't that what we are supose to do? There is milk and cheese in the fridge and some fresh fruit from the last visit here. No, I'm not going hungry-people in 3rd world countries are. I am letting you help, why do you think I'm over here begging money? YOU ARE HELPING!!"

mom- "Well if you won't let me feed you I'm going to pray that the Lord will. You are just to stuborn for your own good."

me- "You can go ahead and pray all you want. I do not doubt God is listening and I'm pretty sure he'll let you know that we are not starving."

So I thanked her for the money and for making me breakfast and for listening to me rant about how hard life is. I left her house to go get my kids from school.

30 minutes later we pulled into the driveway and found GROCERIES waiting on the porch! I guess we can safely say who God was listening to, and maybe figure out who he was talking to.

P.S. Thank you, who ever sent the food. It was a fun phone call to my mom. She was so grateful, she cried.

"I remember my mother's prayers and they have followed me, they have clung to me all my life."

1 comment:

  1. Hey!! Just wanted to post so you could link to my blog from it!! :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a wife by choice, mother by chance, massage therapist by trade, and saved by grace.