Monday, July 26, 2010

65

I was at my mom's house the other day & her neighbor next door came running over. "Don't answer the door," he said, "the Jehovah Witnesses are coming down the street!"

I said, "How rude is that! How would you like it if someone was treating our missionaries like this? You can tell them you don't believe in their religion and offer them some water before they leave." I continued, "You need to remember you are also a representative of Christ. Do you want people to think our religion isn't centered around our Savior?"

Later that night I was trading massage with my friend who happens to be a Jehovah Witness. I was telling her this story, kinda laughing about it, when she said, "earlier today my daughter (14 yrs old) came running into the bedroom looking panicked. "mom the MORMONS are at the door, what do I do?" Tell them we worship differently and ask if they would like a glass of water." was her response. We both laughed at the reactions of these 2 different people.

I am so glad I have good Christian friends who worship different than I do. It gives me perspective and insight into why I believe what I do, and the chance to learn why they believe the way they do. It's also a nice reminder that Christain means "believer in Christ". I think we can all relate to that!

" Be ye therefore followers of God... and walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us,..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a wife by choice, mother by chance, massage therapist by trade, and saved by grace.