Tuesday, October 26, 2010

75

I went over to my mom's house to pick up some laundry soap she had bought me. My mom wasn't home but my little sister (who lives in the basement) came running up and said, "glad your here. Come catch this spider for me!"

So I followed her down the stairs and there on the windowsill was a very teeny, tiny spider. I scooped her up on a piece of paper and put her outside. "M****, you are the biggest baby! why didn't you just open the window and let it out?" I laughed.

"I don't touch spiders!" she answered. Then she started telling me this story...

"A couple nights ago, I woke up because Ember (her cat) was running around on the floor crashing into things. So I grabbed my cellphone to use as a light and all I see are these HUGE legs crawl into my shoe! Ember is getting ready to pounce, so I picked up my shoe by the laces and ran upstairs! I was freaking out that the spider was going to crawl out so I kept flipping on the lights as I ran upstairs with the cat following me!"

I asked, "why did you run upstairs? You passed the door & you could have just let the spider go outside. "

She looked at me like I was crazy and said, "But DAD was upstairs!"

Ha, ha, ha, ha! My poor dad, he got woke up in the middle of the night by his 34 year old daughter because she had a spider crawl into her shoe! On the other hand, when I was teasing them about it I had to say, "Isn't it nice that you can still be a hero to your "little" girl?!"

Dad just smiled and said, "Yes."

"...what I mean is you'll never catch dad loosing his head..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a wife by choice, mother by chance, massage therapist by trade, and saved by grace.