Wednesday, November 24, 2010

81

Thanksgiving is tomorrow.

While driving home from grocery shopping yesterday listening to the radio, I hear a story about the people in Niger, Africa.

Starving.

You know, not ever once in my life have I had to feed my kids mud just to put something in their stomach.

I have never held a child to weak to cry.

I have never walked miles and miles to a food drop-site just to be told there is nothing left.

I have never went even one day without eating so someone else could.

I understand the concept of famine, but can not grasp the reality of it.

So tomorrow while my family enjoys a wonderful meal, I will be thankful for the NEVER HAVES in my life.

"Give thanks to the Lord..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a wife by choice, mother by chance, massage therapist by trade, and saved by grace.