Monday, May 16, 2011

98

I have been thinking about pictures lately.

I wonder how many people really find joy in the fragile moments of life.

it makes me envious of artists, those gifted with the talent to freeze the most precious scene in an instant.

true beauty takes absolutely NO effort and never asks for recognition.

Beauty just is.

I have seen beauty through someone else's eyes...

my uncle choking up as he walked his daughters down the isle on their wedding days.

a dad sleeping next to his own sweet daughter after she had to get stitches in her chin.

my cousins working together on the farm.

a pair of wedding bands wrapped around the toes of a newborn's feet.

soldiers praying.

... and I could go on and on and on, but I also have seen it through my own eyes.

my daughter, age 3, covered with mud and at age 13, also covered with mud.

my son, in his soccer uniform, walking onto the field. the sky is stormy and his shoulders are straight.

a friend, with her hair pulled back, no make-up and sun shining on her face.

my husband working.

snow covered mountains.

...and I could go on and on and on, but sometimes it's seen through the heart.

me, cutting my grandmother's hair.

my mom, sitting on the floor next to the bed and begging her mom to "just let go".

a EMT with his face covered in blood, struggling to save the life of a 5 year old neighbor.

a friend learning to walk again after science said she wouldn't.

an old man with roses.

What wonderful things pictures are.

seen through the eyes and heart of us, the world is a special place.

beautiful.

just BEAUTIFUL!

"It glows without tarnish."

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a wife by choice, mother by chance, massage therapist by trade, and saved by grace.