Friday, May 20, 2011

99

I have been dealing with a very ornery teenager.

You all remember my son moved out 7 months ago, right? Well, I tryed staying in contact with him, but he lives in not-so-wonderful conditions and his behavior reflects it. After-all, "stupid is as stupid does" so the saying goes, But tid-bits of his behavior find their way to our ears and that has lead to some very interesting conversations around here.

My daughter has now decided that she has to "attack" the conversation whenever she hears about her brother's self destructive behavior. She got so aggressive the other day that I asked her if her brother had done something to directly hurt her? She said, "no."

I tryed digging a little deeper, she got more ornery, I got a little angry and told her that I didn't want to hear her talking like that about her brother anymore. Then my brain wouldn't shut down.

I thought and thought and thought,

All that thinking got me wondering...

Now I'm betting...

She misses her brother!!  abandonment = hurt = anger.

I don't know what to do for her because, you know, I miss him too.

"a penny for your thoughts."

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry Amber I wish I had an idea for you! All I can say is (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a wife by choice, mother by chance, massage therapist by trade, and saved by grace.