Wednesday, August 24, 2011

105

It finally happened! My son got a job! Granted, his dad had a hand in it, (I didn't agree) and it is with family, (again, I didn't agree) but now that he is employed I really, really REALLY hope he works his hardest and keeps the job! (It's a good job)

Yep, after one year of doing nothing & socializing with riff-raff he is working and learning that there is requirements to being an adult. I am so pleased & crossing my fingers that it lasts.

Moving on, my daughter is starting her senior year of high school next week. WOW! That happened fast. She went off to camp for a week & it was the first time ever that I did not have one of my kids home for a generous amount of time. I kept thinking, "this is what it's going to be like when she moves out!" I will admit, I started getting excited! Not that I haven't enjoyed this time raising my kids, but I'm not the kind of mother to wish I could do it over. I am excited to move into this stage of living! She also finished driver's ed. Let me tell you, this momma believes it's probably less scary to be shot at than it is to teach teenagers to drive! At least you can dodge a bullet!

On a sad note, Last week we said goodbye to a dear friend. My husband met him at dialysis 11 years ago and he was a great person. At the service his daughter came up and told my poor sobbing husband, "you know dad just loved you!" Gosh, I'm tearing up just writing this. You would have to know my husband, he doesn't show emotion (well anger, yes. but we have meds now. lol) and to have to stand there knowing how his heart was hurting, it was tender and achingly sweet. We will miss him dearly.

Overall, I think our summer has been fun, am looking forward to school beginning again, still hoping a transplant comes soon and wishing for business to continue to flourish!

Until next post...

"If one desires change, one must change..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a wife by choice, mother by chance, massage therapist by trade, and saved by grace.