Saturday, March 3, 2012

119

Well, some interesting things happened last week.

My other aunt & uncle sent us a check for $1,000.00 in the mail. That was a huge (but lovely) surprise & came at the best moment, because now the hot water heater is leaking and will have to be replaced. So grateful for kindnesses that have come our way!

My son joined the United States Marine Corp. This was a shock! I have to say, I am feeling a little apprehensive right now. (ok, a lot apprehensive. I cryed in the bathtub last night) so for the last 2 days I have been desperately absorbing anything I can about the marines. Don't get me wrong- I LOVE the military!! I love it like my cousin in Oklahoma loves orphans! I have so, so, so much respect for the things they do, but I think my son is going to have a BIG wake-up call & like most parents I think it's a bit frightening! So if anyone has pointers on this, please share!

On Tuesday I am leaving for a week in Cabo San Lucas! YAY!! I know, can a week vacation in the sun come at a better time? I was invited by another cousin who's husband couldn't go and the best part is, It's all FREE! So please, send a prayer that we will be safe, leave our life's burdens here and be able to relax, enjoy, and come home refreshed & renewed! I am looking forward to it! (oh, and please look out for my family- you never know what will happen while I am gone! This includes my "furry children too").

"Change is inevitable"

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a wife by choice, mother by chance, massage therapist by trade, and saved by grace.